Thursday, March 25, 2010

The desert had been done before, but I didn't even care...

I have been frightfully busy of late after months of vegetating and watching multiple episodes of Maury, interspersed with bits of climbing and bouldering in the greater San Diego area.





As you may or may not know, I have relocated to Springdale UT, just a minute outside Zion National Park. I got a job back in the winter with Zion Adventure Company and so now I am working and training out here. I am almost constantly in photogenic locations from my morning commute to my job. I finally decided to break out the camera to have a few pictures to write a short blog around.





More or less I am very busy- today I finally had some free time to go into the park and boulder. Zion is not famous for its bouldering but there are some definite gems here, some very tall too!

I have gotten to assist with several trips over the last few days (the weeks prior were training and WFR course training) and starting tomorrow through monday, I will be taking another PCGI course with Seth, so I am working solidly till tuesday.



I dont wish to go on and on with this, just wanted to let anyone who cares know that I am enjoying this job although it is very challenging on every possible level. I also really love the people I am working with-which, as anyone who knows me will recognize, is no small thing since love is a term I don't use lightly and I dont tend to like most people in more than small doses.

I will be writing more about Zion Adventure Co at a later time and tell you all about my new friends and the job.

I have to say that as much as I am liking the new challenges of this job and my new friends, I really am not settled into this place without my better half, who will hopefully be joining me out here in a short while.

No comments: